Bharathidasan University, Trichy
Bharathidasan University, named after the great Tamil Poet, Bharathidasan was established on Trichy-Pudukkottai Highway.
- Bharathidasan University College, Orathanadu.
- Bharathidasan University College, Perambalur.
- Dr. Kalaignar College of Arts and Science, Lalgudi.
There are also a number of autonomous, non-autonomous colleges, college of education, fine arts, approved and uni-faculty institutions that are affiliated to the University. Apart from all these, Bharathidasan University is well known for the autonomous Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), one of the top business schools in India.
Courses offered at Bharathidasan University
- Arts: Tamil, English, Economics, Sociology, Music, Co-operation, Applied Tamil, History, Bachelor of Social Work, Philosophy, Oriental Culture, Sanskrit.
- Science: Maths, Physics, Botany, Geology, Geography, Industrial Electronics, Home Science, Microbiology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Visual Communication, Apparel & Fashion Technology, Hotel Management & Catering Science, Statistics, Chemistry, Zoology, Computer Science, Electronics, Applied Physics, Bio-Chemistry, Physical Education, Nutrition and Dietetics, Information Technology, Health Care & Hospital Management and Fashion Technology & Costume Designing.
- B.Com: Bank Management, Applied.
- BBA, BCA and B.Litt.
All UG programmes are three year courses. A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination is necessary for admission also with a pass necessary for the specific stream chosen.
Four Year Programme
- BS is a four year programme offered in the University with five streams under that, as Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Electronics, and Geosciences.
- Arts: Tamil, English, History, Economics, Applied Economics, Master of Social Work, Philosophy, Religion & Culture, Co-operation, Sanskrit.
- Science: Chemistry, Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Geography, Zoology, Botany, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applicable Mathematics and Computer Science, Applied Geology, Environmental Science, Bio-Chemistry, Master of Statistics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Gene Technology, Information Technology, Software Technology, E-Commerce and it’s Applications, Information Technology and Management, Industrial Electronics, Bioinformatics, Food Service Management and Dietetics, Health Care and Hospital Management, Hotel Management and Catering Science.
- M.Com: Bank Management and Financial Management.
- M.S.W, M.L.I.Sc, M.Tech, M.B.A, Master of Performing Arts, M.C.A, M.Ed.
All these PG Programmes are 2 years courses which could be studied after the completion of regular UG courses.
5 year Programme
- This is a five year integrated post graduate programme (M.Sc.), under the stream of Animation, Bio-Medical, Geosciences, Life Sciences, Media & Communication and Physics.
6 year Programme
- This is a six year integrated post graduate professional programme (M. Tech.) under the stream of Bio informatics, Computer Science & Engineering, Bio-technology, Geo-technology & Geo informatics.
- Apart from these courses Ph.D and M.Phil could also be done here.
Departments at Bharathidasan University
The Department of economics, Department of Education Technology, Department of Computer Science, The institute for Entrepreneurship and Career Development, The Bharathidasan University Technology Park and a few more departments are found in the city campus.
Distance Education Centre at Bharathidasan University, Trichy
The University established The Centre for Distance Education not very long back. 14 UG, 24 PG and also MCA and MBA courses are offered through distance education mode. Personal Contact Programme is being organized for the students of distance education. As many lab oriented programmes are also included in this, the contact programmes are held strictly on Saturdays and Sundays. The syllabus is very much similar to the regular course syllabus enhancing the value of distance education. University ranks and medals are also given them for encouragement and motivation.
UGC info net is an electronic access to learning in various universities of India. It is a great boon for distance learning and also helps in globalization of education. Virtual Education is also a platform laid for the convenience of distant learners. The University also offers an open access to journals under one directory.
The eligibility for MBA programme is a minimum of 50% of marks in the degree exam. It is a two years course with 4 semesters in the normal semester pattern.
Bharathidasan Institute of Management
Bharathidasan Institute of Management was inaugurated exclusively for MBA Programmes. The various programs offered include MBA in Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations Management, Systems and Technology Management. The admissions to the courses are based on the all India Common Admission Test (CAT) and the short listed candidates are called for group discussions and personal interviews, accommodating best students to the BIM family.
Contact Information of Bharathidasan Institute of Management
Bharathidasan Institute of Management, P.O Box No. 12, PHD Complex, BHEL Campus, Trichy- 620014.
Phone no.: 0431 2520796, 2520502.
Contact information of Bharathidasan University
Address: Bharathidasan University, Palkalaiperur, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu
Phone no: 0431-2407092
Email: email@example.com, Website: http://www.bdu.ac.in/