Kuvempu University Distance Education
The Kuvempu University, situated in Karnataka is one of the most reputed ones. It has a whooping total of 50 post graduate departments with over 133 colleges affiliated to it.
Kuvempu University Campus
The beautiful campus spreads over a vast area of 230 acres being just 28 kilometres away from Shimoga. The University is situated in Shankaraghatta near the Bhadra River which gives a good idea of the scenic beauty in and around the Kuvempu Campus. It’s a place away from the busy city life and the pollution, making the environment serene and tranquil.
Directorate of Distance Education, Kuvempu University, Shimoga
The Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) of the Kuvempu University offers a number of post graduate and diploma courses for students to study through distance education mode. It also offers certain specialised courses like- B.Sc and M.Sc (IT), Fashion Design Technology, Interior Designing, Mental Health course, Bio-fertilisers and Power Electronics etc. The other courses offered by DDE, Kuvempu are:
- M.A in Kannada, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, History and Archaeology, Education
- M.Com in Commerce
- M.Sc in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, EVS, Bio-technology, Applied Chemistry, M.LI.Sc
- LL.M in Business Law
- B.A in 14 various combinations
- B.Sc in P.M.C and C.B.Z
- B.L.I.Sc (Library and Information Science)
- PG Diploma in Kannada Computer, Kannada Journalism, Translation Studies, Functional Hindi, Financial Institutions and Markets, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Marketing Management, Sports Management, Genetics, Intellectual Property Rights, Chemical Quality Control
- Graduate Diploma in Panchayat Raj.
Contact Information of Kuvempu University
The Directorate of Distance Education
Kuvempu University, Jnana Sahyadri, Shankaraghatta- 577451, Shimoga, Karnataka.
Phone No: 08282-256246, 256450, Fax: 08282-256370